Meet Liverpool's Lord Mayoress, Counsellor Anne Rothery:
She is the first Black person elected as Lord Mayor. Her job is to represent the community of Liverpool, raising money for different charities, and make links with people all across the world telling them how great it is!
Her job also includes:
• Representing the city at civic functions/engagements
• Promoting the city nationally & internationally
• Supporting local charities & community groups
• Attending religious events of all denominations
• Meeting delegates from twinned cities
• Chairing Council meetings
• Conferring Honorary Freemen and Freedom of Associations & Institutions.
Read more about her background, upbringing and how she is breaking down barriers for people of colour: